Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Return

Its been a while since I have been on and blogging. Normally that would be an indication that I have once again fallen off of the raw raw sis boombah movement, however I've been doing really well .... ok so I fell off for a little bit but the good news is that I have been raw for the past 15 days and I am LOVING it!!! My boyfriend and I are currently going raw for three weeks and we are both successfully on day 15. I am beyond proud of him going from a deep dish pizza loving, burger eating, carnivore to asking me for more kale chips. He's doing extremely well and loves virtually everything I make. I'm just having a hard time getting him full.
I'm also finding that being raw just keeps getting easier and easier. I love it. I feel so alive and it really is teaching me how to get in touch with my creative side seeing that I rarely follow recipes exactly( mainly becaue I never have all of the ingredients lol) , I find myself creating new deliciousness. Today for example I created my own adaptation of avo mayo.
I just wish I could remember what I put in it. That is my next goal to write all of the recipes I make down because I find myself always changing and subbing ingredients it would be good to write something down every once in a while to work from.

In other news, I'm a little stressed out but I am determined to not be defeated. I just found out that I wasnt accepted into two of the four schools I applied to. I'm applying to another one in the next couple of days. I know everything will be fine however its just such an extremely stressful process, applying to grad school. Howver, regardless I'll be starting on my masters in Holistic Nutrition via Clayton College. So, in reality, I shouldnt beat myself up especially shince the two schools I got rejected from I didnt really want to go to in the first place. Everything will be just fine.

I ran across some old pics of myself before and after I went raw and it just served as a reminder that I am indeed on the right path.
Me at 16. Somewhere between 220-230lbs.
This was taken about 3 years ago. I was about 198 here.
174lbs, just after I left OHI (optimum health institute). July '08

Gramma and I July '08

No comments:

Post a Comment